Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One Month Natural


July 5, 2004

1 Month Natural


A quick note: My vitamin regimen has changed to the following:

Biotin: 4,250 mcg
MSM: 2,000 mg.
Evening Primrose: 1,000 mg.
Pantothenic Acid (B5): 500 mg.
NourisHair Multivitmain (GNC): 500 mg.

My hair feels softer to the touch, and I’ve noticed that it’s taking on the formation of a curl. I’m thinking that I have type 4a hair, with 3c around the temples. I really love the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. It totally changed my hair texture! Immediately after I rinsed, I noticed that my natural curls began to show through. I’m really growing to liking my natural hair; I just don’t care for other people’s comments. It’s amazing to discover how many African American women and men are still uncomfortable with natural hair (more women than men).

15 July 2004 (6 weeks)

I cut a few strays (split ends), but then I noticed that it was useless because my hair is still too short. My hair is getting curler by the day. My normal routine is to "no-poo" every other day with V05 Kiwi Conditioner, mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon juice. Sometimes I let it saturate my hair before rinsing. I've also enforced washing with warm water and rinsing with cool water. This is something I don't normally do—I usually wash and rinse with hot water! I finish with either Aussie's detangling moisturizer or Luster's Curl Activator/Moisturizer and CareFree Curl Gold Activator. I blot any excess and wrap with a silk scarf. I am still amazed that my hair texture is so curly. Last summer, when I attempted to go natural, I wound up putting in a texturizer. I loved my hair as long as it was moist, however, when dry, it felt like a brillo pad! Now, my hair is just as curly as it was when I had a texturizer, but now it's healthier.

I've been taking vitamins for almost a month now and I've noticed significant changes in my skin. It's not as dry and the tone has improved overall. Along my hairline I suffered traction alopecia on my right temple, but now it's hardly noticeable!

No comments: