Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Happy 1-Year Naptural Anniversary!

June 5, 2005


Wow, I can't believe it's been one year since I did the big chop! It's been an intense journey so far, and I have no regrets whatsoever. Since I got Sisterlocked almost 2 months ago (April 14th), my hair is growing like weeds. I have noticed; however, that my scalp is extremely dry around the hairline. I think it's in part due to the SL starter shampoo. It contains special ingredients to help facilitate the locking process. I've also read from other SL wearer's that their scalp is dry since they began using the shampoo. I spoke with my consultant, Elaine, and she assured me that it would subside in a few months. I did have some slippage, but not enough to cause concern. I waited 5 weeks before my first retightening session and it took 3 hours ($90) for Elaine to retighten my hair! To save money, I wanted to stretch these sessions out to 8 weeks instead of every 4-6 weeks. However, with my growth rate, Elaine recommended that I come in about every 6 weeks for retightening.

No comments: