Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Awakening


June 24, 2004

I found a great web site full of information about caring for my natural hair http://www.motowngirl.com The web site really motivated me to pay closer attention to the ingredients found in shampoos and so-called conditioners made for African American hair. Since viewing this web site, I have stopped shampooing my hair, and commenced to “No Poos”, and started a vitamin regimen, which is detrimental for growing and maintaining the root. It’s very difficult for me to swallow large pills, or any sized pills for that matter, so I’m a little hesitant about starting the vitamin regimen. I purchased 1 container of Vitaballs (multivitamin gumball), 2 bottles of Biotin (300mcg) and 1 bottle of Evening Primrose Oil (500mg). The Biotin pills are “tweeney-eeney-weeney” pills, which was a pleasant surprise!

I’m going to try to put more natural ingredients in my hair. This will be a “trial and error” experiment, so be patient! I put 2 parts honey and 1 part water to add shine. Well, I got shine, but I didn’t like the texture of my hair. I added too much honey! I think I’ll stick to olive oil and other natural oils for now.

June 26, 2004

Just a quick entry to note that I purchased MSM (500mg) my vitamin regimen consists of 1 multivitamin, Biotin (3090 mcg), MSM (2000mg), Evening Primrose Oil (1000 mg). Watching hair growth is like watching a snail move (smile)! I’ll be taking my 1-month pics this weekend. Hooray!

No comments: