Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Decisions, Decisions: The Big Chop




Greetings Everyone!

I just wanted everyone to know that today, June 5, 2004. I did it! I shaved all chemicals out of my hair (The Big Chop)! I've longed to be reintroduced to my natural hair. It's been over 25 years that I've been running from it! Well no more! It's going to be a rough transition, but this too shall pass! I will be accepted and appreciated for who I am, and not what I look like. Call me a rebel or whatever term makes you comfortable, just remember, we make "hair", "hair" does not make us! My philosophy, "Hair today, gone tomorrow!" For some of you this may be a shock and you may even disagree with what I've done; for others, well............you know me--I rarely care what others think anyway. God bless all.

Last Chemical Relaxer: 30 April 2004
Last Color Treatment: 13 May 2004
Self haircut- Length is about 1/8” The Big Chop – 5 June 2004

2 comments:

~jaiDalon~ said...

I'm proud of you! I know I'm a little late but I just ran across your blog and it's great... good luck on your journey!

Ms. S said...

Just came across your blog! I am considering going from relaxed to sisterlocks... but you may have inspired me to do a big chop first instead. Idk though. I plan to read your blog thoroughly so I can catch up on your progress. =)

http://crown-n-glory.blogspot.com