Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sharing Love









































3Yrs, 8 months...It's that time of the year again...time to share love to every man, woman, boy and girl! 2008 is nearing its end and many of us are reflecting on goals not accomplished, unexpected events that have arisen, and hopes for the future.

Although Thanksgiving has come and gone, let us continue to be thankful for someone or something in our lives. Don't be upset by the driver going 20 miles an hour when you're already late for work...that driver could be your guardian angel preventing you from the car accident that just occurred 10 miles up the road!

Don't be annoyed when you are called to go to an unexpected meeting or training at work...be thankful you have a job...oh, and don't forget the annual and boring safety briefing/training you're required to attend! You know, the one that you can almost recite word for word? Be thankful for that briefing/training...although the information may be repetitive to you, you never know how that information might help you help someone else! And don't get annoyed when a family member asks for financial assistance...for the second or third time. Perhaps that stimulus check or bonus check you received in the mail wasn't necessarily for you at all, but it was for you to help that family member in need.


In other words...in this individualistic society we live in...keep in mind, your life is not just your own. We must all share love, share our talents, share our knowledge and wisdom. How selfish is the person that chooses not to do so! We cannot bury our heads in the sand or attempt to live in a vacuum because I promise you, eventually...almost certainly, one day...you will be affected and effected by the same circumstances from which you hide from! It's a funny thing about us humans...we have a tendency to create the very circumstances we do not want-lol!

The Decision...for those who have been walking this journey with me, I have decided to postpone cutting my hair. I have discussed the possibility and style with my consultant, but because I am "thankful" for my thick and long locks, and thankful that it keeps the cool winter air off my neck and ears; I may not cut until the spring or summer. Stay tuned! Season's Greetings to everyone. My holiday wish for you is to have peace, clarity, and a joyous 2009!












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! I wanted sisterlocks but my budgets says it ain't happening lol so I had to start my locs with two strand twists. I can only hope that they will look as lovely as yours once I get some growth.

Naturally Sophia said...

You and your hair are gorgeous!

z said...

Your locks look fabulous. My thick locks keep my head, neck and ears warm also.

Lady Butterfly said...

Your locks are absolutely beautiful!!! I too shaved my head back in April 2003. I hope that I find pictures somewhere to post them. Unfortunately I went back to the relaxer in 2006. I have been lye-free since January 2007. This journey is amazing! I am glad that I found your site. I too am determined to win this battle against unwanted weight. (Congratulations) Although people may say that it's OK, I sincerely can't take it anymore. Having SL's is truly a lifestyle because it makes you want to align with improvement in your body, mind and spirit. Continue to take good care of yourself. And please my sister...LOCK ON!!!

The Real Nique said...

Everytime I look at your hair, I fall in love with locs more and more. You have sooo much style! Your hair is absolutely incredible!

Moniqa said...

Thank you Real Nique! You are truly beautiful, and I love your locs as well!