Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Album/Book Cover Pic-lol

I'm approaching four years of being SL'd! Time definitely flies...I am often asked how long will I let my locs grow. Honestly, it's longer than I ever anticipated it growing. The compliments continue to flow, as I continue to grow. My locs have endured many hours of tugging, fluffing, curling, straightening, washing, retightening, coloring, and styling...but mostly, they've endured and absorbed the gamma of emotions I've experienced this past year. Yet, even when I have a bad hair day; my locs are still beautiful and they speak words about me that have yet to leave my lips! My sisterlocks tell the world that no matter what I've gone through or am going through, I still stand...strong, able, and consistent at best. They tell the world, I know who I am and I have accepted me. Monica...Me, with all of my fallacies, challenges, accomplishments, and strengths...I continue.

"A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities".---William Arthur Ward


Always A Lady













A Little Versitility Never Hurts...

























Wild Hair Days
(old braid out), Days before retightening.























5 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Although I'm sure I'm a little early, Happy 4 Years! I so love your locks, to the point where I have a lil lock, envy, lol.
Seriously your locks are beautiful!

The Real Nique said...

Too cute! Don't be surprised if you see me rocking some of your styles from your style gallery :). I love the color too. What color is that?

Moniqa said...

Real Nique,


You're so good to me (smile)! Thank you, thank you for keeping the compliments flowing. The color? Well, I'm not actually sure about the name or number, Elaine (my consultant), mixes it together in a bowl.

Moniqa said...

Brown ButtahFly,

Thank you for the anniversary wishes and the loc compliments. I hit four years April 14th! What I love about sisterlocs the most is that although we all have the same trademarked product, our locs still look completely different; kinda like our personalities. Be blessed my sister, and once again, thank you for showing love.

Anonymous said...

nice, very nice. :)


Take Care~