Monday, November 16, 2009

Retightening Class



4 Years and 7 months later; I finally decided to take the SL Retightening class in Irving, TX. Due to unforeseen economic reasons, I could not take the consultant class as originally planned, so I opted for the alternative. Needless to say, besides the trainers, I was the oldest one...not chronologically; but in terms of my SL Rebirth. Many of the ladies wondered why I waited so long to take the class, and others looked at my locs with astonishment and eyes full of hope for their baby locs. The class was taught by Master Trainer, Ms. Michelle Bryant. Unfortunately, I could not practice much on my own hair because I recently had it retightened. However, I was still able to grasp the concept of the technique. Let's just say, I have a renewed respect and appreciation for my consultant! While the technique is not difficult to learn, at this point in time; I do not foresee me taking on the project of retightening my entire head and potentially jeopardizing the integrity of all the work my consultant has done thus far. This is largely due to the density of my hair. Thus, I will continue to drive to Dallas for my retightenings.

10 comments:

Felicia said...

I wanted to know if you and your family were doing well since I noticed from your blog that you are from the Kileen area. I am praying for that community to heal and I hope that all is well. I know that this is not SL related, just wanted you to know that someone cared. Your locks are beautiful, I look at your blog often for hope for my baby 8 month old locks!!!

The Movement said...

Wow! Your beauty is really shinning in this picture! Thx for sharing!

www.ourhealthmovement.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You Look great, period.

Take Care~

free2bme said...

NOOO!! I was soo excited about potentially coming to you for my retightenings :(. Well I am excited that you got to do the retightening class anyway, but I look forward to the day when I do not have to drive to get my hair done..lol.

Lawrence Kasparowitz said...

just lovely....

Lawrence Kasparowitz said...

gorgeous...!!!

Sogolocs said...

I don't blame you on driving to Dallas. There is no way I would sit and try to do a head full of locks. Your locks are just breathtaking and they are worth every mile. Congratulations on learning how to tighten though. You look wonderful as usual....

Blessings to you

Marva said...

I am an admirer of your locks. Before getting my locks I researched the internet for every source of information about this wonderful lifestyle. You and your personal journal inspired me. Thanks for being open to share this journey. I do hope that you and your family are well. Have a wonderful and prosperous 2010. Peace and love

Lalaboobaby said...

You are looking fabulous. I've been following your blog for a while now. When the time is right, you'll take that consultant class. Stay positive and keep doing your thang.

Unknown said...

I just recently took the retightening class and "Oh boi". I waited on getting my hair done and it put my last tighting at 8 weeks. I have decided to wait until after my next appt to do my own upkeep. It is growing though.